Apply for Funding
ABOUT THE LAWRENCE BOARD OF REALTORS COMMUNITY FOUNDATION
The Lawrence Board of REALTORS® Community Foundation is a 501c3 organization established July 31, 2018 and is a charitable arm of the Lawrence Board of REALTORS®. In the last four years through annual fundraisers, The Lawrence Board of REALTORS® Community Relations Committee has awarded over $40,000 to assist families in case management by paying toward housing costs, utility payments, badly needed car repairs, tuition assistance, medical expenses & supplies, clothes & winter coats, as well as gas & groceries for families. The Foundation’s focus will support its mission and will distribute funding to organizations that are helping households in our community and are working to provide housing solutions throughout Douglas County.
Mission Statement: Mobilizing REALTORS® and Community Partners towards Housing Solutions.
Vision: A Stronger Community through Housing
All funding requests received by the Lawrence Board of REALTORS® Community Foundation are reviewed at the regularly scheduled meetings during the timeframe below.
- September 4, 2018 --2018 Application Available
- October 17, 2018 --Application Deadline
- November 2, 2018 --Notification of Funding
- December 3, 2018 --Distribution of Funds
- Requests must come from a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. IRS Non-Profit Tax ID is required.
- Funding will assist organizations in Douglas County, Kansas only.
Donations are not awarded for:
- Organizations that discriminate based on race, color, creed, age, sex, disability, marital status, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status and national or ethnic origin.
- Purchase of tickets or tables at special events, memberships or advertising
- Endowment Funds
All Applications are subject to evaluation by the Lawrence Board of REALTORS® Community Foundation Board of Directors. A request to apply for funding does not guarantee that a grant will be awarded.