Apply for Funding
The Lawrence Board of REALTORS® Community Foundation (LBOR Community Foundation) awards grants annually to support local charitable (501c3) organizations and their programs that create a stronger community through housing. Priority is placed with programs that help to stabilize vulnerable households and strengthen the housing sector. Requests for funding should be specific in their targeted use and should relate to the mission of the LBOR Community Foundation.
All funding requests received by the LBOR Community Foundation are reviewed after July 1, 2020.
- July 1, 2020 - application period opens
- October 31, 2020 - application deadline
- November 11, 2020 - notification of funding
- On or before December 1, 2020 - distribution of funds
- Preference will be made to 501(c)3 non-profit organizations with an IRS Non-Profit Tax ID.
- Funding will assist organizations in Douglas County, Kansas only.
- Applicants who agree and will distribute funds in relation to LBOR Community Foundation Mission Statement
- Organizations that discriminate based on race, color, creed, age, sex, disability, marital status, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status and national or ethnic origin.
- Purchase of tickets or tables at special events, memberships or advertising
- Political Campaigns
- Endowment Funds
- Criminal Fees
All Applications are subject to evaluation by the LBOR Community Foundation Board of Directors. A request to apply for funding does not guarantee that a grant will be awarded.
Application for Funding:
The LBOR Community Foundation has supported the following local 501(c)(3) organizations that support our mission, Mobilizing REALTORS® and Community Partners to stabilize housing needs within Douglas County:
- 100 Good Women
- Artists Helping the Homeless
- Ballard Center
- Douglas County Housing Authority
- Family Promise of Lawrence
- Housing & Credit Counseling
- Lawrence Community Shelter
- Lawrence Habitat for Humanity
- Salvation Army of Douglas County
- Social Service League
- Tenants to Homeowners
- The Shelter, DBA The Children's Shelter