Apply for Funding
ABOUT THE LAWRENCE BOARD OF REALTORS COMMUNITY FOUNDATION
The Lawrence Board of REALTORS® Community Foundation is a 501c3 organization established July 31, 2018 and is a charitable arm of the Lawrence Board of REALTORS®. In the last four years through annual fundraisers, The Lawrence Board of REALTORS® Community Relations Committee has awarded over $40,000 to assist families in case management by paying toward housing costs, utility payments, badly needed car repairs, tuition assistance, medical expenses & supplies, clothes & winter coats, as well as gas & groceries for families. The Foundation’s focus will support its mission and will distribute funding to organizations that are helping households in our community and are working to provide housing solutions throughout Douglas County.
Mission Statement: Mobilizing REALTORS® and Community Partners to stabilize housing needs within Douglas County.
Vision: A Stronger Community through Housing
All funding requests received by the Lawrence Board of REALTORS® Community Foundation are reviewed at the regularly scheduled meetings during the timeframe below.
- July 1, 2019 -- 2019 Application Available
- October 16, 2019 -- Application Deadline
- November 1, 2019 -- Notification of Funding
- On or before December 2, 2018 -- Distribution of Funds
- Preference will be made to 501(c)3 non-profit organizations with an IRS Non-Profit Tax ID.
- Funding will assist organizations in Douglas County, Kansas only.
- Applicants who agree and will distribute funds in relation to LBRCF Mission Statement
Donations are not awarded to:
- Organizations that discriminate based on race, color, creed, age, sex, disability, marital status, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status and national or ethnic origin.
- Purchase of tickets or tables at special events, memberships or advertising
- Political Campaigns
- Endowment Funds
- Criminal Fees
All Applications are subject to evaluation by the Lawrence Board of REALTORS® Community Foundation Board of Directors. A request to apply for funding does not guarantee that a grant will be awarded.