Thank you for visiting the Lawrence Board of REALTORS® ("LBOR") website www.LawrenceRealtor.com ("Site").
Other sections of the Site may have additional rules and regulations that are specific to that particular section and will be accessible to you in such sections.
LBOR may modify these Terms from time to time. Any modifications to the Terms will be effective once posted to the Site. If you access or use the Site after the Terms have been modified, your continued access and use will constitute acceptance of all modifications.
LBOR’s REALTOR® Trademarks
The Lawrence Board of REALTORS® (LBOR) is the exclusive owner of the REALTOR®, REALTORS®, REALTOR® Block "R" Logo, and other REALTOR® trademarks. The REALTOR® trademark has one meaning only: a registered collective membership mark which may be used by real estate professionals who are members of LBOR and subscribe to its strict Code of Ethics. The REALTOR® trademarks are not synonymous with real estate agent, real estate broker or real estate professional. LBOR will enforce against any misuses of its trademarks. Members may use the REALTOR® trademarks provided they follow LBOR's trademark rules. Members can find LBOR’s Membership Marks Manual at the following link: http://www. LawrenceRealtor.com/membership-marks-manual. If you have a question about proper use of the trademarks, please feel free to contact LBOR at firstname.lastname@example.org(link sends e-mail).
LBOR's Content and Intellectual Property
Any information or content shared on the Site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal or professional advice. Please consult with an appropriate professional for any professional advice you need, for example, legal or accounting advice.
LBOR or its partners created the text, images, video, graphics, content, and materials ("Materials") available through the Site. All Materials are protected by all applicable copyright and trademark laws. LBOR or the party credited owns the Materials, and all rights in the Materials are expressly reserved. Use of the Materials is subject to LBOR's Reprint Policy, which describes in detail how you may use the Materials found on this Site. Please review that document before using the Materials. Any use not described in the Reprint Policy is prohibited.
LBOR hopes this website will promote and facilitate a meaningful exchange of information on issues in the real estate industry. In order to ensure a safe and civil environment, LBOR expects you to conduct yourself in a respectful and law-abiding manner when using the Site. You may not:
- Use the Site to advertise or promote real estate listings or real estate services;
- Use the Site to send unsolicited communications or promotions, also known as "spam";
- Use the Site to promote or advertise products or services;
- Use the Site in any way that violates local, state or federal laws;
- Upload or share materials that are illegal, fraudulent, defamatory, libelous, misleading, threatening, profane, or obscene;
- Take any action that will disrupt or interfere with operation of the Site, which includes use of any robot, spider, or other automated device, process, or means to access, retrieve, scrape, or index any portion of the Site;
- Violate the privacy or infringe the rights of others, including intellectual property rights;
- Use inflammatory, offensive or inappropriate language;
- Impersonate other persons.
In certain areas of the Site, you can choose to upload content that will be publicly displayed. Please be thoughtful when choosing to do so, since content available online is easily shared and captured.
If you choose to share content on the Site, you warrant and represent that you are the owner of the content or you are permitted to use the content in such manner. You may not post any content to the Site that you do not own or are not permitted to use. LBOR respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects you to do the same.
By submitting any content, you grant to LBOR a nonexclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, sublicensable, royalty-free license to use, store, display, publish, transmit, transfer, distribute, reproduce, create derivative works of, and publicly perform such content for any purpose related to the Site and the services provided through the Site.
LBOR will review all content submitted prior to public posting on the Site. If approved, the content will be posted within a reasonable timeframe. LBOR may refuse to post any content for any reason whatsoever. For example, LBOR may not approve content that contains offensive language, is not relevant to the original post, or is a commercial endorsement. Also, LBOR may remove any content for any reason whatsoever. This means that even if your content was initially approved by LBOR, LBOR may remove it at a later date.
If you choose to upload content to the Site, you agree to indemnify and hold LBOR harmless from any and all liability, damages or expenses whatsoever due, directly or indirectly, to any cause of action arising out of the Content posted by you.
Some portions of the Site may only be accessed by members of LBOR. If you are a member of LBOR, you must first register for access. You will need to select a username and password. You are responsible for your username and password, and the activities that occur on the Site under your username and password, so please be careful with how you store and share that information.
You are also responsible for providing LBOR with accurate and complete registration information, including updating such information as it changes.
Third-Party Advertisers and Vendors
Third-party vendors may advertise, offer products or services for sale, or host promotions on the Site. If you choose to purchase any product or service or enter any promotion, the terms of that purchase or promotion are between you and the third-party vendor. LBOR does not make any representation or warranty about third-party products, services or promotions available through the Site. LBOR disclaims all liability for any losses or damages stemming from any purchase or promotion offered by a third-party vendor.
SITE PROVIDED "AS IS"
LBOR hopes your visit to the Site is informative and entertaining; however, there are certain things that LBOR cannot guarantee. THIS SITE IS PROVIDED BY LBOR ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY THAT THE SITE WILL MEET ANY PARTICULAR CRITERIA OF PERFORMANCE OR QUALITY. LBOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE USABILITY, CONDITION OR OPERATION OF THIS SITE, OR THAT ACCESS TO OR USE OF LAWRENCEREALTOR.COM WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR AS TO THE INFORMATION, CONTENT OR MATERIALS INCLUDED ON THIS SITE. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, LBOR DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, COMPARABILITY, SECURITY AND ACCURACY.
Some jurisdictions do not permit the disclaimer of certain warranties, so the above disclaimers may not apply to you.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL LBOR, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL AND PUNITIVE DAMAGES. LBOR SHALL ALSO NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE, DATA, USE, GOODWILL OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES; DAMAGES RELATING TO YOUR ACCESS TO, USE OF, OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE SITE; DAMAGES RELATING TO ANY THIRD-PARTY CONDUCT OR CONTENT AVAILABLE ON THE SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OR CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION APPLIES TO ALL CLAIMS, REGARDLESS OF LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT LBOR HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Some jurisdictions do not permit the limitation or exclusion of certain liabilities, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
You may stop using the Site at any time. LBOR may suspend or terminate the Site at any time at LBOR's discretion and without notice. LBOR may also terminate, limit or suspend your access to the Site for any reason at any time and without notice. For example, LBOR may terminate your access to this Site if you are not complying with these Terms or if LBOR determines that you are a repeat infringer of third-party intellectual property rights.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA")
LBOR respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects you to do the same. Per the DMCA, LBOR will respond expeditiously to claims of copyright infringement on the Site if submitted to LBOR's Copyright Agent as described below. Upon receipt of a notice alleging copyright infringement, LBOR will take whatever action it deems appropriate within its sole discretion, including removal of the allegedly infringing materials.
If you believe that your intellectual property rights have been violated by LBOR or by a third party who has uploaded materials to the Site, please provide the following information to LBOR's designated Copyright Agent listed below:
- A description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site;
- An address, telephone number, and e-mail address where LBOR can contact you and, if different, an e-mail address where the alleged infringing party, if not LBOR, can contact you;
- A statement that you have a good-faith belief that the use is not authorized by the copyright owner or other intellectual property rights owner, by its agent, or by law;
- A statement by you under penalty of perjury that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or are authorized to act on the owner's behalf;
- Your electronic or physical signature.
LBOR may request additional information before removing any allegedly infringing material. In the event LBOR removes the allegedly infringing materials, LBOR will immediately notify the person responsible for posting such materials that LBOR removed or disabled access to the materials. LBOR may also provide the responsible person with your e-mail address so that the person may respond to your allegations.
LBOR reserves the right to terminate, limit or suspend any user's access to the Site in the event of repeated infringing activity. If you believe that a user of this Site is a repeat infringer, please follow the above instructions to contact LBOR's Copyright Agent. Please include sufficient information to assist LBOR in determining that the user repeatedly engaged in infringing activity.
LBOR registered a designated agent with the Copyright Office pursuant to 17 U.S.C. 512(c). LBOR's designated Copyright Agent is:
3838 W 6th Street
Lawrence KS 66049
LBOR’s International REALTOR® Member network extends worldwide, and LBOR welcomes visitors to the Site from across the world. LBOR's operations are, however, located in the United States and its policies and procedures are based on United States law. If you are located outside of the United States, you consent to the transfer, storage and processing of your information, such as registration information or email addresses, in the United States. Additionally, if you are accessing the Site from a country embargoed by the United States, you agree to not engage in any commercial activities, including financial transactions, using or through the Site.
These Terms are governed by the laws of the State of Kansas, without reference to conflicts of laws. Regardless of your location, any disputes that arise under these Terms will be litigated before a court in Douglas County, Kansas.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement and understanding between the parties with respect to their subject matter and may not be contradicted by evidence of any prior or contemporaneous oral or written agreement. These Terms create no third party beneficiary rights.
LBOR's or your failure to exercise any right provided for in these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of any rights under these Terms. If any provision of these Terms is found to be unenforceable, such unenforceability will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions. You may not assign any of your rights under these Terms. LBOR may assign its rights under these Terms in whole or in part at any time without your consent. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment is created as a result of these Terms.
The Lawrence Board of REALTORS® (LBOR) is committed to providing an accessible website. If you have difficulty accessing content, have difficulty viewing a file on the website, or notice any accessibility problems, please contact LBOR to specify the nature of the accessibility issue and the assistive technology you use. LBOR will strive to provide the content you need in the format you require.
LBOR welcomes your suggestions and comments about improving ongoing efforts to increase the accessibility of this website.
Web Accessibility Help
There are actions you can take to adjust your web browser to make your web experience more accessible.
I am blind or cannot see very well.
If you have trouble seeing web pages, the US Social Security Administration offers these tips(link is external) for optimizing your computer and browser to improve your online experience.
- Use your computer to read web pages out loud(link is external)
- Use the keyboard to navigate screens(link is external)
- Increase text size(link is external)
- Magnify your screen(link is external)
- Change background and text colors(link is external)
- Make your mouse pointer more visible(link is external) (Windows only)
I find a keyboard or mouse hard to use.
If you find a keyboard or mouse difficult to use, speech recognition software such as Dragon NaturallySpeaking(link is external) may help you navigate web pages and online services. This software allows the user to move focus around a web page or application screen through voice controls.
I am deaf or hard of hearing.
If you are deaf or hard of hearing, there are several accessibility features available to you.
- Transcripts – A text transcript is a text equivalent of audio information that includes spoken words and non-spoken sounds such as sound effects. LBOR is working on adding transcripts to all scripted video and audio content.
- Captioning – A caption is transcript for the audio track of a video presentation that is synchronized with the video and audio tracks. Captions are generally rendered visually by being superimposed over the video, which benefits people who are deaf and hard-of-hearing, and anyone who cannot hear the audio (e.g., when in a crowded room). Most of LBOR's video content includes captions. Learn how to turn captioning on and off in YouTube.(link is external)
- Volume controls – Your computer, tablet, or mobile device has volume control features. Each video and audio service has its own additional volume controls. Try adjusting both your device's volume controls and your media players' volume controls to optimize your listening experience.
As a benefit of membership, we permit Lawrence Board of REALTORS® (LBOR) members to reprint material from LawrenceRealtor.com—with some exceptions and exclusions. Read these guidelines in their entirety before you proceed with reprinting any material from the site. Please take note that you cannot use or reproduce any image that is available on LawrenceRealtor.com. LBOR is not the copyright holder of these images and does not have permission to allow others to use them.
What You Can Reprint
Public pages of LawrenceRealtor.com: You may reprint written content—in hard copy, on a website, or other electronic communication—as long as the content comes from public pages on LawrenceRealtor.com (public pages do not require a username and password for access), and the copyright for the content is held by the LBOR. LBOR does not hold copyright if the article contains language at the end that specifies a different copyright holder, e.g., © Copyright 2011 Information Inc.
Written content must be reproduced in full. For each item you reproduce, please include the following attribution:
"Copyright Lawrence Board of REALTORS®. Reprinted with permission."
Exclusions and Exceptions
Images/Video: You cannot use or reproduce any image that is available on LawrenceRealtor.com. LBOR is not the copyright holder of these images and does not have permission to allow others to use them. You are permitted to use and link to videos that have been created by LBOR, and may embed LBOR YouTube videos on your website
Password-protected content: You cannot use or reproduce any content that requires a login without explicit permission from LBOR. Contact us to determine if a page is password-protected.
Any copyrighted material: You cannot use or reproduce copyrighted material that does not belong to LBOR. Such material is indicated by an attribution such as, "used by permission."
Linking to LawrenceRealtor.com
If you link from your website to items on LawrenceRealtor.com, you do not need permission, provided you are not reprinting material. Please note for your visitors that the link goes to the website of the Lawrence Board of REALTORS®. You may want to open the LawrenceRealtor.com link in a new browser tab, so visitors don't navigate away from your site.
1. LBOR gathers the following types of information needed to process your transactions, fulfill your requests, and maintain our membership records:
- Contact information you provide (for example, your personal and business addresses, phone and fax numbers, firm affiliations and titles).
- Tracking information which our Web server automatically recognizes each time you visit one of our sites or communicate with us by email (for example, your domain name, your email address, and what pages you visit).
- Information you volunteer, via applications or surveys (for example, education, designations, specialties, affiliations with other real estate organizations and general demographic data).
2. LBOR uses this information to:
- Improve and customize the content and layout of our sites and other communications tools, such as REALTOR® Magazine online and print.
- Notify you of updates to our sites.
- Notify you of relevant products and services.
- Notify you of upcoming events and programs.
- Compile specialty directories about which you will be made aware.
- Track usage of our sites.
- Assist local and state REALTOR® associations and affiliated Institutes, Societies, and Councils in membership tracking and for their use for purposes similar to those listed above.
3. Email contact information. LBOR does not share, sell, or trade email addresses, except that state and local association staff and leadership email addresses may be listed in the membership directories available on LawrenceRealtor.com. LBOR may use your email address to directly send you information and may provide you with online informational or marketing messages that have been approved by LBOR together with other communications to which you have subscribed.
4. Other forms of contact information. Forms of contact information other than email address (for example, street address) may be listed in the membership directories available on LawrenceRealtor.com. LBOR will not share, sell or otherwise provide this contact information about you except for the following purposes:
- Partners in our REALTOR Benefits® Program for the limited purpose of notifying you of LBOR-approved promotions.
- Exhibitors at REALTOR® trade shows for the limited purpose of contacting you one time immediately before and after trade shows, through marketing vehicles approved by LBOR.
- Other vendors for the limited purpose of contacting targeted groups of members, through marketing vehicles approved by LBOR.
- When required by law or valid legal process, or to protect the personal safety of our members or the public.
- Some or all of the data collected during promotions or contests on our sites that are sponsored by third parties may be shared with the sponsor for the limited purpose of a one-time marketing follow-up by the sponsor. If information about you will be shared with a sponsor you will be notified prior to your participation in the promotion or contest and you can decide not to participate in the promotion or contest.
5. Credit information that you and credit authorizers provide when you make payments by credit card or electronic check for products, dues or other services via the REALTOR® Electronic Commerce Network will only be used to process the transactions you request. This information will be provided to and maintained by reputable credit reporting databases, but will never be sold, shared or provided to other third parties.
6. LBOR follows generally accepted standards to protect the information it collects and makes available via its Web sites. LBOR tests their security procedures regularly and modifies them as new technologies become feasible.
7. LBOR utilizes a strict Opt-Out policy for sending online notifications regarding services, products and programs. You may adjust your Communication Preferences by reviewing your LawrenceRealtor.com registration. Just Login first. Then you can change your preferences.
8. You may edit your personal contact information directly in the NRDS system or by contacting your local REALTOR® association.
Service Provider Designation of Agent to Receive Notifications of Claimed Infringement
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) provides safe harbors from copyright infringement liability for online service providers. In order to qualify for safe harbor protection, certain kinds of service providers—for example, those that allow users to post or store material on their systems, and search engines, directories, and other information location tools— must designate an agent to receive notifications of claimed copyright infringement. To designate an agent, a service provider must do two things: (1) make certain contact information for the agent available to the public on its website; and (2) provide the same information to the Copyright Office, which maintains a centralized online directory of designated agent contact information for public use. The service provider must also ensure that this information is up to date.
In December 2016, the Office introduced an online registration system and electronically generated directory to replace the Office’s old paper-based system and directory. Accordingly, the Office no longer accepts paper designations. To designate an agent, a service provider must register with and use the Office’s online system.
3838 W 6th Street
Lawrence KS 66049