MLS ENHANCEMENTS to support Live Streaming Open Houses and Virtual Showings: 4.9.2020
We are pleased to roll out a few key Paragon enhancements that will be helpful for Lawrence MLS Subscribers as you navigate the “new normal” of today’s marketplace.
To respond to your needs at this time, the following are immediately available in the Paragon System:
- We have added Live Streaming Open House functionality to Paragon. View the Live Stream Tours and Open Houses (pdf).
- Due to the increase in virtual marketing, we have added fields in Paragon for Video Tour, 3D Tour, and Walkthrough Tour.
- To support multiples of virtual and video tours, we have added 4 additional Virtual/Video Tour fields in Paragon.
- The option for “Virtual Showings Only” has been added to Paragon Showing Instructions in listing features (see copy/paste below).
- And last, your account with Showing Time now includes “Virtual” as a Showing Appointment Type for listings in the Lawrence MLS.
The new Live Streaming Open Houses allow an agent to schedule a streaming open house at a specific day and time-frame, just like a traditional Open House. During the “Stay Home Order” agents can still hold a Live Stream Open House without being at the property simply by holding Q&A sessions and to present existing media they have such as photos, virtual tours, or videos. The point of the Live Stream Open House is to create that person-to-person engagement, even when it’s not possible to be together in-person. Further, if the agent has access to the property, doing a Live Stream Open House while at the property is a real plus! But, keep in mind that you don’t have to be at the property to have a successful event.
It’s important to distinguish the difference between a Live Streaming event and a recorded Virtual Tour or Video Tour.
- Live events are attended in the moment on Facebook Live, YouTube Live, Zoom, or in Google Hangouts. Links to live events are shared in advance, as an invitation to attend a live event in which a consumer can interact with the agent.
- Everything else, including the recordings of live events, are Virtual and/or Video tours. Links to Virtual and/or Video tours connect to a tour that has already occurred, and has been recorded for playback. There is no live interaction with a consumer.
- Be certain to only put “Live” event links in the Live Streaming Open House tool. If you have numerous live events, just add them as you have done in the past for traditional Open Houses. There isn’t a limit on how many you can host, although it’s best to limit the time frame for each; i.e., do not hold a 24 hour live event.
- Use the additional fields we’ve added for your recorded (or static) links. Please do not share your “live” events in the Virtual/Video Tour fields. Use the Live Streaming Open House tool for this.
- Only put the link into the fields for Virtual/Video Tours, 3D Tour, or Walkthrough Tour. Adding a description with the URL/Link is not necessary, and will only result in problems when other sites are trying to publish the information to display online.
Lawrence MLS Policies Update:
- A new fine has been established for not submitting a listing to the MLS within 24 hours after the listing has been marketed publicly (via websites, yard signs, mailers, Instagram, etc.),in accordance with the Clear Cooperation Policy (CCP). The fine amount is $50.
- Section 1.01 – Clear Cooperation: Within one (1) business day of marketing a property to the public, the listing broker must submit the listing to the MLS for cooperation with other MLS participants. Public marketing includes, but is not limited to, flyers displayed in windows, yard signs, digital marketing on public facing websites, brokerage website displays (including IDX and VOW), digital communications marketing (email blasts), multi-brokerage listing sharing networks, and applications available to the general public. (Adopted 11/19)
- LMLS Staff has been directed to discontinue the practice of sending a warning email to Agent, Brokers, and office Staff when a listing is missing the necessary listing docs, in lieu of immediately issuing the resulting fine. For several years LMLS Staff, as a result of a directive issued previously by the Board of Directors, has been emailing or calling Agents, Brokers, or office Staff when listing docs are not submitted in the required timeframe. The MLS & Rules Committee and the Board of Directors have determined that the responsibility to remember to upload listing docs rests with the Agent, Broker, or office Staff, and is not the responsibility of LMLS Staff. The effective date is for this change is Wednesday, April 8th
SentriLock: Great new app features: February 25, 2020:
SentriLock knows that our members want smart and effective solutions to your property access needs. On February 25, 2020, you will have access to powerful new features in the SentriKey® Real Estate app to help you simplify the home showing process:
- Showing Instructions: No more fumbling with papers or searching for alarm codes when showing a home. The SentriKey Real Estate app will display any stated showing instructions as soon as the app opens the lockbox key compartment.
- Property Details: After displaying showing instructions, property data such as bedrooms, baths, square footage and more appear.
- Manually Ending a Showing: With just one click, the showing agent can manually indicate that a showing has ended. This allows the homeowner to return to their residence in a timely manner.
- My Schedule: There’s a great way to keep track of showings you input in the app, and see your team’s schedule, with the My Schedule function.
Public / non-Public Associated Documents in Paragon: January 28, 2020:
It was brought to our attention that due to a programming error with Black Knight, associated documents that were previously saved as non-public, were converted to public and were shareable.
As a result, we have directed Black Knight to convert ALL Associated Documents uploaded to ACTIVE listings in Paragon to non-public. Additionally, all newly uploaded Associated Documents will be set to non-public by default.
Action Needed by you: If you have Associated Documents uploaded to your ACTIVE listings that you wish to be Public (E-mailable), please modify your Associated Docs by checking the Public (E-Mailable) box and press Save.
New Enhancement: January 28, 2020:
In addition, Black Knight is enabling the Share via Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Text, and Collablink) options for listing agents in Listing Maintenance and Listing Select an Action. These options are elective only, meaning that a listing is only shareable if the listing agent, listing broker, or listing company staff actively chooses to do so.
Lockbox Conversion to SentriLock Lockbox System; December 10th & 11th:
SENTRILOCK KEY CONVERSION & TRAINING: Keyholders will be invited to register for their SentriLock Key Conversion & Training. Sessions will be offered during the afternoon of Tuesday, December 10th and all day on Wednesday, December 11th. Key Conversion & Training will take approximately 1 hour, and a detailed schedule will be included in an upcoming email. The Key Conversion & Training will take place at the DoubleTree Hotel (200 McDonald Dr, Lawrence, KS 66044).
LOCKBOX EXCHANGE: All existing Supra iBox BT Lockboxes may be exchanged for a NEW SentriLock Lockbox in a 1 for 1 exchange! Lockboxes will be accepted and exchanged from ONLY the Designated Broker for each Company. The Designated Broker may contact the LBOR Office prior to the conversion date if a different representative has been appointed to complete the exchange for the company. The Lockbox exchange will occur during the session in which the Designated Broker (or appointed representative) is registered to complete their SentriLock Key Conversion & Training.
IMPORTANT: Please begin gathering Supra iBox Lockboxes now! All boxes are to be exchanged during the conversion. There will be a short period of time following the conversion to exchange found boxes. However, once the conversion is finalized, Supra iBoxes will no longer be accepted for a new SentriLock Lockbox. New SentriLock Lockboxes are $99 plus tax. If needed, Companies may contact the LBOR Office for a list of currently assigned lockboxes.
Centralized Showing Service Conversion to ShowingTIme: 10.22.2019
"As you may have heard, Centralized Showing Services (CSS) is now part of ShowingTime! Together, they bring a combined 43 years of experience helping real estate professionals and their clients use technology to efficiently manage showings and feedback.
We are excited to bring you the industry’s most powerful showing management tool and on October 22nd, all members of the Lawrence Board of REALTORS® will be updated to the new ShowingTime for the MLS platform. Rest assured, this will be a seamless process as all your showing history, feedback history, agent profile data and showing instructions will be brought over to the new system.
To get ready for the update, please join ShowingTime for a 30-minute online webinar where you will learn how to use the new system to save time and generate more showings with ShowingTime for the MLS!
- Use the 'Schedule a Showing' link to request showings on other agents' listing
- Add showing instructions and determine the best settings for each of your listings to begin receiving online showing requests
- Set your notification preferences, including 2-way text messaging
- Chat with agents through ShowingTime Messaging via desktop and mobile app to keep conversations organized in one central location
- Benefit from the speed and accuracy of ShowingVoice, our text-to-voice notification system
- Download and use the ShowingTime Mobile App to request and confirm appointments while on the go
- Easily manage and customize your own feedback templates sent to showing agents
- Create personal profiles for sellers displaying feedback, showings and more
ShowingTime for the MLS can be quickly set up through Paragon. We encourage all Lawrence Board of REALTORS® members to register for one of our quick, online training sessions so you can get started with ShowingTime for the MLS.
If you are in need or your username or password please contact ShowingTime!
Hours of Service:
Available Weekdays from 8 AM - 9PM CST & Weekends from 8 AM - 5 PM CST
Customer Support: 800-379-0057
Appointment Center: 800-746-9464
Live Chat: https://www.showingtime.com/support
Limited Visibility Types in Paragon: 9.4.2019
Beginning September 4, 2019 the Paragon system will include 3 additional Limited Visibility Types.
- Agent Exclusive: only the listing agent and broker can view
- Office Exclusive: only the listing office agents and broker can view
- Firm Exclusive: only the firm’s agents and brokers can view
Effective 9.4.2019, ALL listings will be submitted to the MLS through the Paragon System. This includes exclusive listings, and any listing in which the Seller Authorizes the Listing to be withheld from dissemination in the MLS system (Paragon).
Learn more about this Lawrence MLS & Paragon Enhancement in our Limited Visibility Types PDF. We've also created a brief walk-through video on our YouTube Channel LBORKS:
Lockbox System Fee: 5.30.2019
The LBOR/LMLS has changed the lockbox system from an Optional Service to a Basic Service, effective 7/1/19.
A notification letter was sent to all members on May 30, 2019.
- The lockbox system is substantially related to the purpose and function of the Lawrence MLS.
- All Lawrence MLS Participants & Subscribers will now be assessed an annual Lockbox System Fee.
- The annual fee is established at a rate that simply covers the cost of the lockbox system, and the LBOR/LMLS do not receive an economic benefit from these system charges.
- Payment of the annual Lockbox System Fee will be required; however, individual adoption and use of the system will be voluntary.
Following payment of the Lockbox System Fee, current licensees/members who have not been keyholders in the past are invited to contact the LBOR/LMLS to activate the Supra eKEY on their smart phone, free of any activation fee ($25 value). Free activation ($25 value) will expire on July 31st.
Questions? Please call 785-842-1843, M-F, 8am-4pm.
New 2019 Paragon Reports Are Now Available: 5.1.2019
The next time you’re in Paragon, try out these new 2019 designs! The new designs are easy to read with clean lines & organized information. Update your auto notifications to send these new forms to your clients & customers!
New LBOR Approved Contract: 2.18.2019
The newly revised Sales Contract is available in Paragon, Dotloop and ZipForms.
Method of Submitting Listing Documents Has Changed: 6.4.2018
Listing Documents (Listing Agreements & Change Forms) for new listings must be uploaded into the Paragon System instead of emailed to ListingDocs@LawrenceRealtor.com. When Listing Docs are uploaded they will be assigned a Limited Visibility Type (LVT), which will determine whether or not other agents and companies can see the document that have been uploaded.
- Change Forms will be uploaded into Associated Docs, using Document Type “Change Form,” for changes that are germane to the Listing Agreement; i.e., price changes & listing extensions
- Sold Notices will no longer be required – the input of Sold info into Paragon will satisfy current MLS Rules & Regulations.
Additional New Requirements:
- A Listing Agreement is required to be uploaded into Associated Docs in Paragon, IMMEDIATELY at the time of Listing Input (along with your Seller’s Disclosure and Photos), with the Document Type of Listing Agreement. If not uploaded, the Paragon system will create an error message that will need to be resolved to make a new listing Active.
- Current MLS Rules & Regulations require the Listing Agent/Broker to Submit a New Listing to the Service by midnight of the 3rd business day. This time-frame will not change.
- The listing will be considered Submitted to the MLS Service at the point in which it is input into the Paragon System, and the Listing Agreement is uploaded into Associated Docs with Document Type Listing Agreement.*
Sold Statuses in Paragon have been expanded: 6.4.2018
- Sold - Applies when the Agent representing the buyer and the Agent representing the seller are members and are from the same agency
- Sold Co-Op - Applies when the Agent representing the buyer and the Agent representing the seller are both members and from different agencies
- Sold Non-Member LA (listing agent) - When selected, the List Agent/Agency will auto fill to Non-Member, and then is submitted to LMLS Staff for approval
- Sold Non-Member SA (selling agent) - When selected, the List Agent/Agency will auto fill to Non-Member, and then is submitted to LMLS Staff for approval
- Sold Before Listed
- Sold After Expiration
- Sold FSBO (for sale by owner)
Limited Visibility Types Have Been Applied to Associated Docs in Paragon: 6.4.2018
- All MLS = All Paragon Users with Access
- LA = Listing Agent
- LB = Listing Broker (Includes Broker Staff)
- LO = Listing Office (All Agents, Broker, and Staff)
- MLS Staff = Lawrence Multiple Listing Service Staff
|Document Type||Short Description||Visibility|
|Change Form||CF||LA, LB, MLS Staff|
|Covenants & Restrictions||CR||All MLS|
|Franchise Agreement||FA||All MLS|
|Home Inspections||HI||All MLS|
|Home Owner's Association||HOA||All MLS|
|Listing Agreement*||LA||LA, LB, MLS Staff|
|Lead Based Paint Disclosure||LBP||All MLS|
|Miscellaneous In-House||MIH||LA, LB, LO, MLS Staff|
|Miscellaneous Private||MPv||LA, LB, MLS Staff|
|Miscellaneous Public||Mpv||All MLS|
|Plat Map||PM||All MLS|
|Relocation Documents||RO||All MLS|
|REO Documents||REO||All MLS|
|Seller's Property Condition Disclosure||SD||All MLS|
|SOLD Notice||SN||LA, LB, MLS Staff|
New Fields will Give the Listing Broker & Agent More Control: 6.4.2018
These new fields allow the Listing Broker/Agent to determine at the listing level, whether to Exclude or Include display of the Listing at Realtor.com, or display in Listing Syndication through Listhub. All listings currently Active in Paragon will be set to a value of Include when the new fields are added.
|REALTOR.com Data Feed||Listhub Data Feed|