New REALTOR® Member Orientation
2020 New Member Orientation Sessions: Each New Member Orientation Session is scheduled to begin at 9:00am and will last until approximately 1:00pm. Breakfast and Lunch will be provided by Truity Credit Union.
- Wednesday, February 26, 2020
- Wednesday, May 27, 2020
- Wednesday, August 26, 2020
- Wednesday, November 18, 2020
As a new Member of the Lawrence Board of REALTORS® and the Lawrence Multiple Listing Service, you are REQUIRED to attend a New Member Orientation session no later than the next scheduled New Member Orientation session following your first 30 days of membership. You are also REQUIRED to complete the New Member Code of Ethics Course at least 2 days prior to attending New Member Orientation. A free Code of Ethics course is offered at https://www.nar.realtor/code-of-ethics/training.
VERY IMPORTANT: THERE IS A $50.00 FINE FOR THE 1st MISSED OPPORTUNITY TO ATTEND THIS ORIENTATION! (2nd - $100, 3rd - $150, Thereafter - $200 for each missed orientation session). An excused absence request can be submitted to the Board of Directors prior to the date of the mandated orientation and may result in a waiver of fine. If you are unable to attend the in-person session an online version is available for $10.00.
2020 New Member Orientation Video; National Association of REALTORS®
Resources for New Members:
- Make Our Marks Remarkable (video); The term REALTOR® is not only a trademark owned by NAR and protected by federal law, it is also a valuable membership benefit that distinguishes members from all others in the real estate business. Watch this entertaining, three-minute video to learn how members can protect the value of the mark by using it properly. Remember, a REALTOR® isn't "just another real estate agent." Being a REALTOR® means more.
- How to Print Your REALTOR® Card (pdf)
- RPAC Mobile App (pdf)
- Code of Ethics (pdf)
- Fair Housing Phrase List (pdf)
- RPR New Member Flyer (pdf)
- Beverly Carter; REALTOR® Murdered in 2014 (pdf)
- Are You Too Nice for Your Own Good (pdf)
- 15 Cautionary Tips for Holding a Safe Open House (pdf)
- 18 Safety Tips Agents Should Use Daily (pdf)
- Online, Safety is Your Social Responsibility (pdf)