Apply for a Committee Leadership Position or a Committee Appointment.
Governed by the Board of Directors, the LBOR has 7 active standing committees and 5 steering committees that support specific events.
LBOR Standing Committees:
Community Relations Committee
Diversity Equity & Inclusion Committee
Governmental Affairs Committee
Media Relations Committee
MLS & Rules Committee
- Community Relations Committee
- Co-Chairpersons Jill Stueve - KW Integrity, and Rob Coleman - Stephens Real Estate
- Promotes the REALTOR® image in our community by being involved in community service projects. Actively enhances the public awareness of LBOR and its members by promoting and marketing.
- Diversity Equity and Inclusion Committee
- Seek to expand the knowledge and sensitivity of REALTORS® to diversity, equity, and inclusion issues. Offer education about Fair Housing and cultural sensitivity. Encourage association leadership among the diverse members of LBOR. Integrate key stakeholder diversity groups into the life and mission of the association.
- Education Committee
- Chairperson Erin Maigaard, Hedges Real Estate
- Plans, coordinates, and implements all education and training programs for the membership, working with related committees.
- Governmental Affairs Committee
- Investigate, evaluate, and propose pursuits/positions for the LBOR on matters of City/County Government.
- Media Relations Committee
- Co-Chairpersons Karena Schmitendorf - EXP Realty, and Lexie Freeman - Guardian Mortgage
- Serves as liaison between the LBOR and media to promote a positive public image for the LBOR. Provide information to the various media about community services provided by LBOR Members.
- MLS & Rules Committee
- Chairperson Bailey Stuart - McGrew Real Estate
- Responsible for developing, reviewing, and recommending any modifications to the standard forms and documents of the LMLS. Considers, reviews, and recommends MLS Policy modifications.
- Technology Committee
- Research membership needs and preferences for computer software programs and/or documents. Involved in the development and overseeing of online platforms. Discusses emerging trends in technology.
Steering Committees help to plan, organize, and host the following LBOR Events:
- Ready Set Spring Education Summit Steering Committee
- Co-Chairpersons Josh Reazin - Better Homes & Gardens KC Homes, and Michelle Fales - RCB Bank
- ALL IN for the Community Poker Fundraiser Steering Committee
- Chairperson Susan Parker - Platinum Realty
- Lawrence (LBOR) Brew Fest Steering Committee
- Co-Chairpersons Jill Stueve - KW Integrity, Greta Carter-Wilson - KW Integrity, and Kate White - CEK Insurance
- Charity Classic Golf Fundraiser Steering Committee
- Chairperson Greta Carter Wilson - KW Integrity
- Lawrence Lights - Making Spirits Bright Committees
- Contact Beth Folks or Rob Hulse