Masks, COVID, and Showings:
At their June meeting, the Board of Directors discussed the recently lifted mandate for mask-wearing in public spaces and have issued the following guidelines for Brokers & Agents.
- Brokers are encouraged to follow the guidelines offered by the Douglas County Health Department.
- Brokers may have policies that are more restrictive than the current guideline of the local health department, but not less restrictive.
- Most Importantly – Showing Agents must follow showing instructions when showing properties from the MLS. If the showing instructions require a mask to be worn, then everyone at the showing must wear a mask.
- Listing Agents may have Showing Instructions related to COVID, as directed by the Seller, that are more restrictive than the current guidelines of the local health department, but not less restrictive.
- Buyer’s Agents may create guidelines for their interactions with their clients that are more restrictive than the current guideline of the local health department, but not less restrictive.
- Agents are encouraged to check with their Individual Broker for any COVID related office policies.
The LBOR will continue to follow the guidelines of the CDC and the Douglas County Health Department.
- As of June 1, 2021, all meetings are now being held in person at the LBOR Office.
- Mask wearing is not required in the LBOR Office, although masks are encouraged for those who have not been vaccinated for COVID.
- Social distancing will remain in effect for meetings. Meeting room capacity has been set to 12.
- Capacity beyond 12, or for those who prefer to attend meetings virtually, a hybrid/virtual option will be provided.
- The LBOR office is open M-F between 8am – 4pm.