A Message from LBOR President, Ryan Desch
Douglas County Health Officer issues ‘Stay at Home’ order: This order will take effect at 12:01 a.m. Tuesday, March 24th, 2020. ‘Stay at Home’ order (pdf)
COVID-19 Resources: The following resources are available with COVID-19 Guidelines that can be helpful during this time:
- LBOR Tools:
- LBOR Coronavirus Addendum (pdf)
- LBOR Coronavirus Disclosure (pdf)
- LBOR Best Practices for Showings / Video or Virtual Showings as Alternatives
- All Members are reminded that, in recognition of this unprecedented time, the Lawrence MLS requires all Listing Brokers and Agents to be abundantly clear and consistent with showing instructions and showing access for their listings in the Lawrence MLS. This includes consistently and continuously updating property showing instructions across all available services such as the Paragon System, Showing Time’s Appointment Scheduler, and thru Listing Office Administrators. Details of exactly how and when a property can be shown must be clearly communicated, and consistently imposed to all showing agents, including the Listing Agent. All Agents, including the Listing Agent, must adhere to the published showing instructions. All Agents must be provided with the same level of access to listed property. Additionally, during the COVID-19 outbreak and resulting State of Emergency, a Listed Property Virtual Tour and/or Video Recorded Tour is determined to be an acceptable showing alternative to meet the Lawrence MLS requirement that all active listings be available to show. Furthermore, should a listed property’s availability be subject to a limited time frame, such as weekend showings only, this should be abundantly clear and consistently imposed for all, including the listing agent.
- How to Set Up Video Showings with ShowingTime
- Other Resources:
- Lawrence & Douglas County Health Dept.
- Kansas Department of Health and Environment
- Center for Disease Control CDC
- Sample Preparedness Plan for Circumstances Relating to COVID-19
- OSHA Guidance for Preparing Work Places for COVID-19
- Coronavirus Resources and Guidance for Employers
- Coronavirus – A Guide for REALTORS®
- Coronavirus - Open House Guidance
- KAR Coronavirus Addendum
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Certification for Property Showings/Visits (pdf)
- Guide to Safe Practices for Real Estate Agents in Kansas During Coronavirus (COVID-19) Emergency Declarations (pdf)
- Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (the CARES Act) (pdf) (3.27.2020)
- Taking Action for our Members on the Hill (pdf) (3.22.2020)
Lawrence Board of REALTORS® Covid-19 Alert: Due to concerns surrounding coronavirus, the Lawrence Board of REALTORS® will close the office beginning Monday, March 23rd, and Staff will begin working remotely during normal business hours, 8am-4pm each business day. Like everyone, we continue to follow the recommendations of local, state and national authorities on health and environment. The health and safety of our members and staff is our highest priority.
Members are encouraged to contact us for assistance via phone and/or email:
- Leah Kohlman: Director of Member Services - Leah@LawrenceRealtor.com
- Bethany Christesen, MLS Coordinator - Bethany@LawrenceRealtor.com
- Rob Hulse, Executive Vice-President - Rob@LawrenceRealtor.com
For best contact, please reference the List of Position Responsibilities. Office Phone Line – 785-842-1843.
As a reminder, all LBOR classes, meetings and events are cancelled thru the end of March. LBOR Leadership will evaluate the status of future classes, meetings and events on April 1st. Please follow the published calendars available in the Paragon homepage, or at lawrencerealtor.com/events.