Governor issues Re-Open Plan; May 4, 2020; Ad Astra: A Plan to re-open Kansas (pdf)
Governor issues Executive Order 20-20: related to Coronavirus (COVID-19) establishing process for remote notary services.
Governor issues Executive Order 20-19: related to Coronavirus (COVID-19) to extend real estate license renewal deadlines 90 days beyond termination date.
Douglas County Health Officer issues ‘Stay at Home’ order thru April 23rd: This order will take effect at 12:01 a.m. Tuesday, March 24th, 2020. ‘Stay at Home’ order (pdf)
COVID-19 Resources: The following resources are available with COVID-19 Guidelines that can be helpful during this time:
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Forms:
- LBOR Coronavirus Addendum (pdf)
- LBOR Coronavirus Disclosure (pdf)
- LBOR Issues Best Practices for Showings / Recommends Video or Virtual Showings as Alternatives to in-person Showings:
- All Members are reminded that, in recognition of this unprecedented time, the Lawrence MLS requires all Listing Brokers and Agents to be abundantly clear and consistent with showing instructions and showing access for their listings in the Lawrence MLS. This includes consistently and continuously updating property showing instructions across all available services such as the Paragon System, Showing Time’s Appointment Scheduler, and thru Listing Office Administrators. Details of exactly how and when a property can be shown must be clearly communicated, and consistently imposed to all showing agents, including the Listing Agent. All Agents, including the Listing Agent, must adhere to the published showing instructions. All Agents must be provided with the same level of access to listed property.
- Additionally, during the COVID-19 outbreak and resulting State of Emergency, a Listed Property Virtual Tour and/or Video Recorded Tour is determined to be an acceptable showing alternative to meet the Lawrence MLS requirement that all active listings be available to show. Furthermore, should a listed property’s availability be subject to a limited time frame, such as weekend showings only, this should be abundantly clear and consistently imposed for all, including the listing agent.
- KAR Coronavirus Addendum
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Certification for Property Showings/Visits (pdf)
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Guides & Best Practices:
- How to Set Up Video Showings with ShowingTime
- Guide to Safe Practices for Real Estate Agents in Kansas During Coronavirus (COVID-19) Emergency Declarations
- Coronavirus – A Guide for REALTORS®
- Coronavirus - Open House Guidance
- Best Practices for Working From Home
- Virtual Showings and Virtual Tours
- Coronavirus Resources and Guidance for Employers
- Sample Preparedness Plan for Circumstances Relating to COVID-19
- OSHA Guidance for Preparing Work Places for COVID-19
- Agent Guide to Homesnap during Covid-19
- Other Resources:
Coronavirus (Covid-19) Updates:
- Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (the CARES Act) (pdf) (3.27.2020)
- NAR Advocacy FAQs – Transactions, Independent Contractors, and NAR Grants
- NAR is funding Members TeleHealth℠ for two months at no cost to our members who need it
A Message from LBOR President, Ryan Desch:
Lawrence Board of REALTORS® Covid-19 Alert: Due to concerns surrounding coronavirus, the Lawrence Board of REALTORS® will close the office beginning Monday, March 23rd, and Staff will begin working remotely during normal business hours, 8am-4pm each business day. Like everyone, we continue to follow the recommendations of local, state and national authorities on health and environment. The health and safety of our members and staff is our highest priority.
Members are encouraged to contact us for assistance via phone and/or email:
- Leah Kohlman: Director of Member Services - Leah@LawrenceRealtor.com
- Bethany Christesen, MLS Coordinator - Bethany@LawrenceRealtor.com
- Rob Hulse, Executive Vice-President - Rob@LawrenceRealtor.com
For best contact, please reference the List of Position Responsibilities. Office Phone Line – 785-842-1843.
As a reminder, all LBOR classes, meetings and events are cancelled thru the end of March. LBOR Leadership will evaluate the status of future classes, meetings and events on April 1st. Please follow the published calendars available in the Paragon homepage, or at lawrencerealtor.com/events.