Personal Safety Tips for Real Estate Professionals:
This video, published by NAR’s REALTOR® Safety Program, highlights safety protocols that all REALTORS® should implement into their daily routine and follow with every client, every day, every time. Watch the video and be sure to share it with your fellow REALTORS®.
REALTOR® Magazine Safety Articles:
Other Safety Articles:
NAR REALTOR® SAFETY WEBINARS
LIVE WEBINAR: Wednesday, September 12, 2018 at 1:00pm central:
- Description: Ready to break bad habits that are putting you at risk? Register for this free safety webinar from the National Association of REALTORS® with Cheryl Knowlton, President of Elite Edge, a dynamic global real estate training company, and learn how to develop and incorporate good habits into your daily routine that help keep you safe on the job.
Personal Safety Archived Webinars:
- Description: Being safe starts at home, and by now we're familiar with most of the usual safety measures homeowners take - deadbolts, window locks, even basic security systems. But, in this brave new world of technology, what about smart home devices? What do you, as REALTORS®, need to know about these devices to best inform and protect your clients? What do you need to know for yourself to ensure your own safety? You may learn some things that open your eyes, and you'll definitely walk away with knowledge you can start using immediately.
- Description: This free NAR REALTOR® Safety Webinar, presented by Sergeant Preston Taylor, will provide strategies on how to make it harder for these types of people to obtain personal information about you and how to try to avoid such individuals now and in the future.
- Description: Your personal safety does not have to be left to chance and is something you can be in control of. Even though you cannot eliminate all possibility of becoming a victim, there are steps you can take to reduce the odds. It is important to realize that personal safety is about risk reduction, using good common sense, and trusting your instincts.
- Description: As a REALTOR®, it’s important to develop and maintain a personal safety protocol for your business. In this free safety webinar from NAR, you’ll learn to look at safety from the perspective of a law enforcement professional. Adrian Manzanares has more than 20 years of experience as an officer and criminal investigator. Now, he’s a real estate broker and he’ll share his years of knowledge with you so you can apply simple safety strategies into your business that will help you stay alert and safe while on the job.
- Description: Are you putting yourself in danger by being too nice for your own good? Do you have a safety plan in place in case you ever feel unsafe during a property showing or open house? Sign up for this free safety webinar from the National Association of REALTORS® and learn from Paula Monthofer, Owner of Focus School of Real Estate and the 2017 President of Arizona REALTORS®, as she shares tips and strategies to keep you safe while being a professional and profitable REALTOR®.
- Description: In this one hour session, "Safe Selling in the Most Dangerous Season" you'll get tips to share with clients on how to avoid common summertime crimes, reduce exposure and increase your safety, and the safety of your clients.
Data Security & Cyber Safety Archived Webinars:
- Description: Safety expert, Andrew Wooten presents "Are You & Your Data an Easy Target?", a FREE REALTOR® Safety Webinar highlighting workplace personal and data safety. This FREE webinar is brought to you by NAR as part of its observance of REALTOR® Safety Month in September.
- Description: Join us for the second in the series of NAR's REALTOR® Safety Webinars led by industry expert, Andrew Wooten. This Webinar, Identity Theft: Protecting You and Your Clients, offers several suggestions and precautions you should take to keep your personal information and property secure and what you should do if you are a victim of identity theft. The session will also provide great information that you can share with your clients, including brief instruction on how to keep your clients' information protected.
- Description: Today’s environment includes social networking, smart phones, e-mail and on-line everything. But how safe are you when using all this technology?
Open Houses, Foreclosures & Vacant Homes Safety Archived Webinars:
- Description: This free NAR safety webinar, presented by safety expert Tracey Hawkins will provide strategies and contingency plans to maximize safety while showing properties, hosting open houses, or evaluating REO, foreclosures, and distressed properties.
- Description: NAR recognizes REALTORS® face more on-the-job risks than many other business professionals and to help increase your knowledge, safety awareness and to empower you, we've created this Webinar on the most dangerous part of your job, Open Houses and Listing Appointments.
- Description: Safety at Open Houses, led by industry expert Andrew Wooten, kicked off REALTOR® Safety Week and offered several safety tips and precautions you should take when hosting an open house, including warning signs you should pay attention to, 'what to do if' pointers and several easy-to-implement steps to keep you safe.
- Description: This 30-minute session, "Top 10 Ways to Keep You & Your Clients Safe at Open Houses," offers the best techniques to increase the safety of REALTORS®, their clients, and their clients' property during an open house.
Working with Clients Archived Webinars:
- Description: How do REALTORS® walk the line of prospecting and self-preservation? Register for this free safety webinar from the National Association of REALTORS® to learn from Andy Tolbert, Founder, SaferAgent, as she shares simple steps you can implement right away to minimize risk in your day-to-day business interactions.
- Description: Are you conducting your business in a way that keeps you safe? Sign up for this free safety webinar from the National Association of REALTORS® to learn from Tamara Suminski, Broker-Owner, Beach Real Estate Group and NAR REALTOR® Safety Course Instructor, as she explains how to mitigate risks by building better business relationships, and the importance of following safety protocols.
- Description: Join us for the third in the series of NAR's REALTOR® Safety Webinars led by industry expert, Andrew Wooten. This one hour session, "First Meetings - How to Lay the Groundwork for Safety," offers several suggestions to help you establish good safety practices when meeting new clients. You learn what you should do, how you can effectively check backgrounds, what danger signs to look for and more.
- Description: The National Association of REALTORS® has worked hard to keep REALTOR® Safety foremost in everyone’s minds. But what about your clients? They, too, face some dangers in allowing strangers into their homes or visiting other people’s properties.